2013 Project: Guinea Pigs Needed!
Written on April 25, 2013 at 11:13 am, by Eric Cressey
Spoiler alert: I have a new project in the works.
In fact, the entire program is already written, and a few lifters have already taken it for a test-drive with excellent results. However, I need to get my sample size up to ensure that results are “typically extraordinary.”
In other words, I need some guinea pigs to put this program to the test!
Before I get an absurd numbers of email applications, here are a few things that “qualify” you:
1. You must be healthy – or at least very close to it! Some aches and pain in the past aren’t a big deal, but we aren’t going to be taking on anyone who is currently dealing with any injuries. This isn’t a rehab program.
2. You must be at least 18 years of age, with at least one year of resistance training experience.
3. You must have access to a reasonably well-equipped gym that is at least equivalent to a commercial gym set-up. Those who train at home are welcome to apply only if they have access to a cable column at home.
4. You would ideally have purchased Assess & Correct already.
5. You need to be able to train for four uninterrupted months for a minimum of three times each week.
6. You must be willing to take before/after pictures plus some performance tests.
7. Both men and women are welcome to “apply.”
8. You must have $199 to devote to this, because it is going to be a ton of work on our end to give you tech support for four months! That’s only about $50/month for full-on programming and tech support – which is markedly lower than my online consulting rates. And, you’ll get a free copy of the product when it is released.
9. This isn’t a program for baseball players; sorry!
10. I’d love to have a wide variety of people: folks who sit at desks all day, those or stand a lot, competitive athletes, weekend warriors, you name it.
If you’re interested, please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, and a brief background on your training history by April 30. I’ll only be accepting 20 guinea pigs for this project, and all decisions will be made by May 1. Those who are selected will be notified on May 2, with the program beginning shortly thereafter.
You won’t receive notification unless you’re selected, so please don’t take it personally if I don’t reply to your email; I’m just trying to save myself some extra work!
Sign-up Today for our FREE Newsletter and receive a four-part video series on how to deadlift!